Lionheart represents everything Laney has learned through over forty years of Laney tube heritage, distilled into a single amplifier range. Lionheart amplifiers are designed to provide the ultimate in British made, boutique tone. The evocative sound of power tubes being pushed to their sweet spot at volume levels that are controllable is a major feature. Featuring the purest of designs. The combination of EL84 (EL34 – L50H) loaded single ended Class A power stages and premium Celestion and Jensen speakers put this family of amplifiers a class apart from the rest.
The Lionheart L50H represents a significant advance in Class A guitar tone – it’s totally unique. The worlds first 50 Watts RMS Single Ended true Class A all valve amplifier.
Unique in the following ways:-
- UNIQUE in that it is the first 50-watt RMS parallel single-ended Class-A amplifier!
- UNIQUE in that it is the first to use 5 x EL34 output tubes!
- UNIQUE in that its progressive distortion produces a smooth, emotional response to a players touch.
- Unique in the fact that its 5th order harmonic content makes it sound as sweet as any amp you can imagine, when you hit it hard.
- Unique in that it uses ultra modern transformer technology to produce an amplifier that until today other manufactures have only dreamt about.
The L50H features a logically laid out, stylishly clean pre amp design. Featuring a twin channel layout with independent volume for each channel, a shared three band passive EQ, a bite switch, a global tone control and a Dynamics control. All housed in a stylish marine ply cabinet finished with blue tolex and tan front fret.
The Lionheart L50H’s BITE control tightens up the bottom end giving a clean and clear punchy sound, whilst the tone control works in a similar fashion to the Tone controls on your guitar except that it works uniquely on the other end of the amplification chain. Giving you the ability to control not only the overall top end response but also reduce the upper end harmonics on the output stage and preamplifier overdrive sounds.
The DYNAMICS control allows you to control the Lionhearts low frequency response dialling clockwise gives a more extended low-end response. Dialling the Dynamics control anticlockwise tightens up the low-end response.
The L50H rear panel features an FX loop with Bypass/Insert/Side Chain operation modes with a level control, the footswitch socket as well as housing the Preamp Out/Power amp in sockets along with the speaker connections for 8 & 16 Ohm cabinets.
The L50H uses well-proven preamplifier topology from the existing Lionheart range – but the output stage is something totally new.
The design of the new output section evolved in house culminating in an output section whose inspiration is taken from the vintage amplification but with added contemporary features – a massive ultra wide bandwidth output transformer which avoids adding any unwanted distortion anywhere within the sonic range
“The Lionheart L50H delivers a totally unique, airy, almost three dimensional, truly intoxicating valve tone”.
The Lionheart L50H is a modern classic in both looks and tone, designed and manufactured with pride, in Great Britain.
- Gold Plated PCB’s and Hi & Low Gain Input Jacks
- 50 Watts Power
- 2 Channels
- Channel Controls: Passive Bass, Middle and Treble
- Equalisation: Tone Boost & Cut (Active in top end of signal), Dynamics (Active on lower end of signal)
- 3 x ECC83/12AX7 Preamp Valves
- 5 x EL34 Power Output Valves
- Pure Single Ended Class A Valve Tone
- High Quality Digital Reverb
- Lionheart Footswitch included
- 8/16 Ohm speaker connections with switch
- FX Loop: Insert Type – switchable – Bypass, 0dBu, – 10dBu (nominal)
- 8/16 Ohm socket with switch
- Birch Plywood cabinet construction for optimum sound quality and road worthiness
- Weight: 21.5 Kg
- Dimensions: 286mm x 678mm x 253mm