Maintaining a Lifelong Relationship with Thousands of Customers
Renowned for its outstanding reputation in both quality of service and product, Mickleburgh, a family business, has grown and evolved since 1870 through the experience of our customers’ needs and desires into a mammoth musical maze covering 10,000 sq/ft.
A brief history of Mickleburgh in Bristol
The Mickleburgh family began in the piano maintenance business in the 1870s, and the piano shop was first opened in Stokes Croft in 1903. Other Mickleburgh shops were also opened throughout Bristol that began selling musical items such as records, sheet music and instruments, alongside pianos. The shop in Stokes Croft expanded, moving into the neighbouring properties but in the Bristol Blitz of 1942 it was all destroyed. After the war it was decided that a brand new building would be built to fit the wide range of musical instruments the business had become accustomed to selling and the other shops were closed.
The building that stands today at 1-9 Stokes Croft opened in 1957 and continues to sell a huge range of instruments including acoustic and digital pianos, electronic keyboards, acoustic and electric guitars, stringed orchestral instruments, folk, brass and woodwind, drums and percussion – it’s a musician’s dream of a never-ending musical experience. With over 130 years of experience, Mickleburgh are very proud to continue it’s legacy as a piano specialist and one of the biggest musical instrument retailers in the South West.
The original piano shop has now expanded even beyond its extensive retail premises to the online shopper so you can enjoy and browse our range of musical instruments from the comfort of your own home.
For all things musical since 1903
Why Buy from Mickleburgh?
We believe in the importance of people seeing musical instruments up close and where they can expert advice on hand if required.
We also believe we can offer more to our customers than online only retailers because…
- Every instrument on this website is available to try and buy in our huge music shop on Stokes Croft, in the heart of Bristol (provided it’s shown as being in stock) – We don’t change our prices, so if you want to see the instrument up close, come in and see us!
- Free advice – Whether you’re a complete novice or a more experienced musician we can help find the perfect instrument for your needs. Our experienced staff will provide you honest advice.
- We only sell tried and tested products – We are passionate musicians ourselves and we only stock instruments that we believe have a good balance between value and quality.
- We offer free set-ups of guitars, and on many of our digital pianos we’ll put it together and even delivery it for free, exactly where you want it in your home (local postcodes only)
- Free Delivery on orders over £100
- Free Click and Collect on all orders
- We offer a one year warranty on all our products – In the rare case that your product is faulty, you can easily return it to our shop. We also offer repairs for many out of warranty instruments.
- Our shop staff are hands-on with our products everyday – This means that we can help you with any questions you have about the instruments you have bought from us, whether it was a couple of weeks ago or several years.
It’s important to try musical instruments and gear
We offer free advice and you can have a go in-store!
We know that it can be difficult to get to the shops during opening hours. This is why we’ve put a lot of effort into building this website, so you can browse and buy in the comfort of your own home and in your own time.
We aim to keep our prices competitive with other internet sellers and will aim price match if you find it cheaper.
When you do have a chance, come and visit us and we’ll promise you’ll be inspired by seeing the vast array of musical instruments and accessories.
We also value your opinion on our products and services – feel free to email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a member of the MIA.
Mickleburgh are proud to be members of The Music Industries Association.
The MIA is the only UK trade association servicing and representing the interests of all UK businesses selling musical instruments and associated products.
The MIA is recognised by the UK Government as being the “lead body” for our industry. To find out more, click here to visit the MIA website.