- The Millennium III Action features components made of ABS-Carbon, a composite material created by the infusion of carbon fiber into Kawai’s renowned ABS Styran. ABS-Carbon is incredibly sturdy and rigid, which allows the creation of action parts that are lighter without sacrificing strength. The result is a stronger, faster action that offers more power, better control and greater stability than conventional all-wood actions.
- Longer keys make playing easier and provide a more even response from the front to the back of the playing surface. A taller profile and concert-length key buttons make them more rigid to provide exceptional energy transfer and optimum power.
- Solid Spruce tapered Soundboard:The soundboard transforms the vibrations of the piano’s strings into a rich, resounding tone. Kawai uses only straightgrained, quarter-sawn solid spruce for GL series soundboards. Each one is strategically tapered to provide the proper degree of resonant movement in each region. Only soundboards that meet or exceed our demanding resonance standards are selected for use in the GL series grand pianos.
- SOLID construction (Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design) creates an exceptionally rigid foundation to support string tension. First, the pinblock is fitted to the plate. Then, the pinblock and over-lapping stretcher bar are integrated into a single structure and solidly anchored to the rim. The extraordinary thickness of the stretcher bar exemplifies the structural integrity of this sturdy framework designed to ensure stable tuning and powerful tone.
- The Vacuum Molded Plate over which the strings are tensioned has a Crossbone Design resulting in a plate that is strong, stable and beautiful.
|White key surfaces
|Black key surfaces
|Solid Spruce, Tapered
|Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
|Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID)
Steel-reinforced keyslip & keybed