Yamaha’s Standard model tenor trombone features many of the qualities of their top pro models, yet is available at a surprisingly affordable price. The response is quick, the intonation accurate, and the sound both rich and full. The outer slide is made of nickel silver on European models, and is brass in other territories.
- The chrome-plated yellow brass drawn inner slide is very durable and has a quick, sensitive response.
- The one-piece drawn yellow brass outer slide maintains an accurate diameter throughout its length and this type of construction ensures, airtightness, smooth action, and exceptional durability and adds resonance to the sound.
- Specially designed one-piece inner slide stockings guarantees airtight slide construction, offer smoother slide action and better alignment, even in the extended 6th and 7th positions.
- Long-lasting nickel-silver tubular braces contribute to the stability of the slide and enhance smooth slide action.
- The balancer found on the YSL-354 perfectly proportions the instrument’s weight.
- Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell: A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
- The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place and keeps it from accidentally falling.
- Beginners are more comfortable playing the YSL-354 because its superb weight distribution makes it easier to hold.
- The large, easy-to-hold nickel silver bracing guards against possible slide damage if the instrument is dropped and also lessens fatigue while playing.
- Yamaha trombones have mouthpipes featuring special acoustic designs allowing for precise intonation and greater blowing control.