The GB1K, Yamaha’s most compact and affordable grand, is a popular choice for locations where space is somewhat limited, with full resonant tone comparable to that of many substantially larger models.
Unparalleled in their beauty and musical range, grand pianos are the ultimate expression of the piano maker’s art. Embodying over 100 years of accumulated expertise, these instruments epitomize the quality, performance and value for which Yamaha has long been renowned, as we enter the second century of Yamaha grand pianos.
Yamaha grand pianos have earned a global reputation as instruments of outstanding quality and value. Renowned for their eloquent expressive range, and for their reliable performance over time, they play an important role in the performing arts and music education. They are consistently among the pianos most highly recommended by piano tuner/technicians and a leading choice of pianists at all levels, all over the world.
The Yamaha reputation rests on a century-long tradition of uncompromising care and craftsmanship, supported by an unmatched range of integrated expertise, top-of-the-line production facilities, and an exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated workforce. Our strength in the full range of relevant technologies allows us to produce virtually every part of every piano ourselves – an approach that has helped us initiate significant advances and set what has long been recognized as the industry standard in quality control.
An open dialog with professional musicians generates invaluable input that, in conjunction with sophisticated research facilities, has led to continual advances in each new generation of Yamaha pianos. Our global network offers Yamaha customers additional advantages, from cost-efficient regional manufacturing to the ready availability of sales and support throughout most of the world.
Balancing cutting-edge technology and innovation with the timeless skills of expert artisans, Yamaha pianos have come to represent an unsurpassed standard of affordable excellence. It is a standard that continues to generate ever-higher acclaim and make Yamaha grand pianos the first choice of many of the world’s most discriminating pianists.
Dimensions: 146cm W x 99cm H x 151cm D
SILENT Piano SG2:
Yamaha Silent Piano™ features a range of unique technologies that allow them to offer a touch that is astonishingly close to that of an acoustic grand piano even when in “Silent” mode.
Features of the SG2 Pianos:
- Key Sensors: Under each of the 88 keys is a Yamaha-unique continuous-detection grey-scale shutter key sensor. These sensors detect the movement of the keys continually, allowing natural musical expression even when the piano is in “Silent” mode. Since they do not come into contact with the keys, these sensors do not affect the feel of the keyboard in any way.
- With stereo samplings from the world-renowned CFIIIS concert grand. Yamaha’s SG2 type Silent piano™ delivers rich resonance and an element of luxury.
- Polyphony is a vital feature that defines and supports the quality of the sounds that you are using. The maximum simultaneous polyphony on the SG2 type is 64 notes.
- Wave memory size is key, as it defines the storage level for the sampled sound data. 30MB wave memory allows Yamaha to include longer samples, many velocity layers, key sampling for each individual key and sustain sampling.
- 10 voices, including harpsichord, pipe organ and strings, provide a wide range of musical expression.
- The SG2 type Silent piano™ can record one song in the internal memory. Additionally, connecting commercially available USB memory to the unit allows you to save recording data, and play back songs.
- The SG2 type simple control unit allows you use easily to control the basic functions of recording and playing back songs.
- Connecting terminals: AUX IN/OUT; MIDI IN/OUT.
- Silent Piano™ features a quick escape system that allows the sound muting mechanism to be fitted to a grand piano without sacrificing any of the playability or musical expression demanded of such instruments in an acoustic performance. This system allows optimal separation to be obtained between the hammers and strings by adjusting the distance between the hammers and strings, ensuring that the feel of the keyboard stays in the best possible condition whether playing acoustically or with the sound muted.