Produced at a Yamaha factory in Indonesia from a scale design developed in Japan, b Series pianos are Yamaha’s most affordable entry-level uprights. Although reduced production costs allow budget-friendly prices, Yamaha makes no compromises in the materials and workmanship that go into these exceptional uprights.
Supported by four sturdy wooden back posts and a strong cast iron frame, b Series pianos are endowed with Yamaha’s renowned pure, clear tone. High-grade hammers and a proven action design offer effortless playing and a highly responsive keyboard ‘touch’ that make these uprights ideal for beginning players.
Yamaha’s b Series features pianos in a range of heights, widths, and depths. The b1 and b2 boast slender profiles, making them ideal for small spaces. With its larger dimensions and heavier construction, the b3 upright requires a little more room but brings a rich, far-reaching sound.
SILENT Piano SG2:
Yamaha Silent Piano™ features a range of unique technologies that allow them to offer a touch that is astonishingly close to that of an acoustic grand piano even when in “Silent” mode.
Features of the SG2 Pianos:
- Key Sensors: Under each of the 88 keys is a Yamaha-unique continuous-detection grey-scale shutter key sensor. These sensors detect the movement of the keys continually, allowing natural musical expression even when the piano is in “Silent” mode. Since they do not come into contact with the keys, these sensors do not affect the feel of the keyboard in any way.
- With stereo samplings from the world-renowned CFIIIS concert grand. Yamaha’s SG2 type Silent piano™ delivers rich resonance and an element of luxury.
- Polyphony is a vital feature that defines and supports the quality of the sounds that you are using. The maximum simultaneous polyphony on the SG2 type is 64 notes.
- Wave memory size is key, as it defines the storage level for the sampled sound data. 30MB wave memory allows Yamaha to include longer samples, many velocity layers, key sampling for each individual key and sustain sampling.
- 10 voices, including harpsichord, pipe organ and strings, provide a wide range of musical expression.
- The SG2 type Silent piano™ can record one song in the internal memory. Additionally, connecting commercially available USB memory to the unit allows you to save recording data, and play back songs.
- The SG2 type simple control unit allows you use easily to control the basic functions of recording and playing back songs.
- Connecting terminals: AUX IN/OUT; MIDI IN/OUT.
- Dimensions: 149cm W x 109cm H x 54cm D
- Weight: 193Kg
- 88 Keys
- Acrylic Resin white keys
- Phenolic Resin with Wooden Filler black keys
- Pedals: Damper,Muffler, Soft
- No lock or soft close fall
- V-Pro frame
- 4 Back posts
- Silent SG2 system fitted featuring a CFIIIS sound source