- New ‘Champagne’ gold frost finish.
- The finish is a new water based coating which when baked becomes very hard.
- Four-point brace: A new ‘Horn88’ four point bell / body brace design. Initial prototypes of this new feature were very really well received by specialist repairers who commented that the new four-point bell / body brace gave added security and strength in an area which can sometimes be vulnerable to movement.
- Gun rifled crook: The inside of the crook tenon has gun rifling to enhance the air flow and tonal dynamics. This is a big sounding horn!
- Octave key crook badge: Proudly sporting the Union Jack flag overlaid with TJ logo.
- Pearls: Smokey grey pearls.
- Case: A high quality shaped case with shoulder straps
Trevor James Horn ’88 Frosted Gold Tenor Saxophone
Only available in the UK at present
A more powerful, brighter sounding sax from Trevor James in a lovely unique champagne gold frosted finish
Perfect for the intermediate player and very reasonably priced!
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Why the Horn ’88?
In 1988, the initial concept for a Trevor James saxophone followed on from the Worldwide success and popularity of Trevor James flutes. At that time there were very few quality brand name options for sax players which demonstrated a real need to develop a new, free blowing, high quality, well designed instrument.
The original idea was developed further leading to a full scale launch in 1990 of the original ‘The Horn’ saxophones at Pizza Express Jazz bar in Maidstone, UK .
Trevor James are therefore using the 25 year anniversary of the initial thought concept as the design seed for the new Horn ’88. The instrument remains faithful to the design of the original, ‘The Horn’ saxophone with some added visual and performance ‘twists’.