Andy Hampton’s Saxophone Basics series is widely regarded as the leading method for beginner saxophonists and their teachers.
This new edition of Saxophone Basics (Pupil’s book with CD) offers a fresh design, clear technical drawings, fun illustrations, new activities, pull-out fingering chart and of course all of the great tunes featured in the original Saxophone Basics. Starting at absolute beginner level and progressing to about Grade 2.
- a wide range of repertoire, including original pieces and well-loved favourites from every genre
- warm ups and fun original exercises
- invaluable fact files, quizzes and technical advice covering notation, general musicianship and care of the instrument
- helpful fingering diagrams and rhythm boxes
- duets throughout – ideal for group teaching
- pull-out fingering chart to pin on your wall
- CD containing piano and saxophone accompaniments to play along with.
A host of online resources, including in-depth teaching notes are also available.