- The Millennium III Action features components made of ABS-Carbon, a composite material created by the infusion of carbon fiber into Kawai’s renowned ABS Styran. ABS-Carbon is incredibly sturdy and rigid, which allows the creation of action parts that are lighter without sacrificing strength. The result is a stronger, faster action that offers more power, better control and greater stability than conventional all-wood actions.
- Longer keys make playing easier and provide a more even response from the front to the back of the playing surface. A taller profile and concert-length key buttons make them more rigid to provide exceptional energy transfer and optimum power.
- Solid Spruce tapered Soundboard:The soundboard transforms the vibrations of the piano’s strings into a rich, resounding tone. Kawai uses only straightgrained, quarter-sawn solid spruce for GL series soundboards. Each one is strategically tapered to provide the proper degree of resonant movement in each region. Only soundboards that meet or exceed our demanding resonance standards are selected for use in the GL series grand pianos.
- SOLID construction (Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design) creates an exceptionally rigid foundation to support string tension. First, the pinblock is fitted to the plate. Then, the pinblock and over-lapping stretcher bar are integrated into a single structure and solidly anchored to the rim. The extraordinary thickness of the stretcher bar exemplifies the structural integrity of this sturdy framework designed to ensure stable tuning and powerful tone.
- The Vacuum Molded Plate over which the strings are tensioned has a “Crossbone Design” resulting in a plate that is strong, stable and beautiful.
The Kawai ATX2 Anytime Piano’s incorporate an acoustic muting feature with powerful digital audio components, allowing pianists to continue enjoying the distinctive feeling of a traditional piano, while listening discretely using private headphones. The system has sensors within the piano action rather than under the keys, reading the precise movements of each hammer and accurately interpreting the subtleties of musical expression.
Digital operation greatly extends the capabilities of the AnyTimeX2 piano beyond that of a traditional acoustic instrument, with convenient transpose and tuning facilities, a metronome and song recorder, and a selection of high fidelity sounds suitable for various musical occasions.
The slide-out control panel is discretely placed below the keybed and incorporates a large LCD display with an array of buttons, providing convenient access to digital features without diminishing the piano’s traditional appearance.
- Functions: Dual, Split, Four Hands, Transpose, Tuning, Regstration.
- Lesson Songs (Sheet Music included)
- Internal Recorder with 90,000 notes memory (10 Songs, 2 Parts).
- Metronome and 100 Drum rhythm patterns
- USB Audio Recorder (MP3/WAV)
- Line in Recording
- Connectors: 2 x 1/8″ Stereo jacks (Headphones); MIDI In/Out; 1/8″ STEREO Input; 1/8″ STEREO Output; USB to Device.
- 20W Power Consumption
|Touch||White key surfaces||Acrylic|
|Black key surfaces||Phenol|
|Sound||Soundboard||Solid Spruce, Tapered|
|Duplex scaling||Fore & Back|
|Exterior design||Pedals||Damper, Sostenuto, Soft|
|Music rack||Position||5 positions|
|Other features||Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID)
Steel-reinforced keyslip & keybed