Realistic Piano Sound:
The rich, expressive sound of Kawai’s celebrated concert grand pianos are at the heart of the new CN Series, with both the flagship Shigeru Kawai SK-EX and highly-acclaimed Kawai EX instruments lovingly recorded and faithfully produced using full 88-key stereo sampling.
The latest CN Series instruments utilise Kawai’s advanced Progressive Harmonic Imaging technology, with algorithms that reproduce how an acoustic piano’s tonal character changes as dynamics increase. This ensures seamless expression when playing from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo, without sudden changes in sound.
These realistic piano sounds are delivered using high-performance sound hardware and speaker systems developed in partnership with Onkyo, one of Japan’s leading premium audio equipment manufacturers. This technology ensures a faithful reproduction of the acoustic source, delivering crystal clear piano sounds with low-noise and minimal distortion -even at high volume.
Responsive Hammer III Keyboard Action:
Connecting the CN Series’ stunning grand piano sounds to the player is the class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard. This highly-regarded action features graded hammers that replicate the heavier bass and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, with additional counterweights embedded within the front of each black and white key that assist playing control during pianissimo passages. TheCN29 and CN39utilise a modern triple sensor key detection system for improved repetition speed and responsiveness, allowing a greater range of expressive control from staccato to legato playing. The Responsive Hammer III action is equipped with premium Ivory Touch key surfaces that possess an attractive, natural matte finish that is smooth but not slippery, while let-offsimulation reproduces the subtle resistance felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very softly, satisfying the expectations of the most experienced pianists.
Further Features & Functions:
- Integrated Bluetooth MIDI allows the instruments to communicate with supported smart devices, using Kawai’s Sound Museum and Virtual Technician apps to select and adjust sounds wirelessly. Additionally, the CN39 includes Bluetooth Audio functionality, allowing audio from songs and videos to be streamed through the instruments speakers without additional cables.
- 355 voices (including 9 drum kits), GM2 compatible
- Broad range of effects (see comparison chart below)
- Lesson function and 176 Concert magic songs to play along with (sheet music included).<l/i>
- These latest CN models have inherited Kawai’s advanced SHS technology from the CS and CA range, enhancing the depth and realism of sounds heard through headphones, while also helping to reduce auditory fatigue. You can also select a variety of headphone types for an optimised listening experience.
- Dual and split mode with adjustable balance and free split point.
- Touch selections – Light 1/2/3/4, Normal, Heavy 1/2/3/4, Off, User Touch Curve
- 10 song recorder (2 track) – max 90,000 notes
- Metronome function, four way speakers and powerful recorder function allowing MP3/WAV audio or MIDI song files to be recorded and overdubbed to a USB memory device.