Realistic Piano Sound:
The rich, expressive sound of Kawai’s celebrated concert grand pianos are at the heart of the new CN Series, with both the flagship Shigeru Kawai SK-EX and highly-acclaimed Kawai EX instruments lovingly recorded and faithfully produced using full 88-key stereo sampling.
The latest CN Series instruments utilise Kawai’s advanced Progressive Harmonic Imaging technology, with algorithms that reproduce how an acoustic piano’s tonal character changes as dynamics increase. This ensures seamless expression when playing from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo, without sudden changes in sound.
These realistic piano sounds are delivered using high-performance sound hardware and speaker systems developed in partnership with Onkyo, one of Japan’s leading premium audio equipment manufacturers. This technology ensures a faithful reproduction of the acoustic source, delivering crystal clear piano sounds with low-noise and minimal distortion -even at high volume.
Responsive Hammer III Keyboard Action:
Connecting the CN Series’ stunning grand piano sounds to the player is the class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard. This highly-regarded action features graded hammers that replicate the heavier bass and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, with additional counterweights embedded within the front of each black and white key that assist playing control during pianissimo passages. TheCN29 and CN39utilise a modern triple sensor key detection system for improved repetition speed and responsiveness, allowing a greater range of expressive control from staccato to legato playing. The Responsive Hammer III action is equipped with premium Ivory Touch key surfaces that possess an attractive, natural matte finish that is smooth but not slippery, while let-offsimulation reproduces the subtle resistance felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very softly, satisfying the expectations of the most experienced pianists.
Further Features & Functions:
- Integrated Bluetooth MIDI allows the instrumentsto communicate with supported smart devices, using Kawai’s Sound Museum and Virtual Technician apps to select and adjust sounds wirelessly
- 19 voices ranging from electric pianos and drawbar or church organs, to strings, human choirs, and synth pads, inviting musicians to add greater variety to your performances.
- Lesson function using Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1A ; Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1B.
- 40 Concert magic songs to play along with (sheet music included).<l/i>
- These latest CN models have inherited Kawai’s advanced SHS technology from the CS and CA range, enhancing the depth and realism of sounds heard through headphones, while also helping to reduce auditory fatigue. You can also select a variety of headphone types for an optimised listening experience.
- Dual and Four Hands Mode
- Touch selections – light, normal, heavy, off.
- 3 song recorder (1 track) – max 10,000 notes
- Metronome function – beats: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8; Tempo: 10-300 BPM
- Polyphony – Max 192 notes.
- 128 x 128 pixel OLED display so you can see settings easily
Compare the CN29 and CN39.