Responsive Hammer II Keyboard Action:
Realistic movement and a rigid, springless design provides a smooth and natural playing experience.
Features of the Responsive Hammer II Action, creating a close representation of an acoustic piano action:
- Key pivot point
- Weighted hammer
- Let-off mechanism
- Hammer pivot point
- Triple Sensor that improves responsiveness when playing the same key repeatedly, and also allows the sound of a single note to be gradually ‘layered’ without the previous tone being lost.
- Ivory Touch Key Surface – a finely textured material gently absorbs fingertip perspiration and oils to assist playing control, and possesses a natural, matte finish that is smooth but not slippery.
88-Key Piano Sampling:
The beautiful sound of the Kawai EX concert grand piano is at the heart of the new CN series, with all eighty-eight keys of this world-class instrument painstakingly recorded, meticulously analysed, and accurately reproduced as high-fidelity digital waveforms. Capturing each key individually in this way preserves the rich harmonic character of the EX concert grand piano, and guarantees that the sound heard when playing any one of the Concert Artist’s wooden keys is a faithful representation of the original acoustic source.
Harmonic Imaging technology:
When playing a fine piano, the amount of pressure applied to the keyboard affects not only the volume of the sound produced, but also the unique tonal character of each note. Therefore, in order to construct a realistic acoustic portrait of the EX concert grand piano, not only is each key recorded individually, but also at various different volume levels, ranging from pianissimo to fortissimo. The new CA15 offers a highly detailed acoustic portrait, with Progressive Harmonic Imaging technology ensuring smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range.
Further Features & Functions:
- 15 voices – Concert Grand, Concert Grand 2, Studio Grand, Modern Piano, Classic E.Piano, Modern E.Piano, Jazz Organ, Church Organ, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, String Ensemble, Slow Strings, Choir, New Age Pad, Atmosphere.
- Lesson function using Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1A ; Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1B.
- Dual mode and Four Hand mode.
- Touch selections – light, normal, heavy, off.
- 3 song recorder – max 15,000 notes
- Metronome function – beats: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8; Tempo: 10-300 BPM
- Virtual Technician function – simulate refinements made by piano technicians on acoustic pianos – allowing aspects of the piano’s character to suit unique personal preferences. The CN24 options include tuning, damper resonance and key-off release.
- MIDI compatible through MIDI In/Out
- Energy efficient components that reduce electricity consumption by approximately 50 (compared to previous models). Also features optional auto power off.
- 2 x headphone jacks