- Onboard microphones are configured in an X/Y pattern for quality stereo imaging. Creates stereo recording with natural depth and accurate imaging as both mics are arranged on the same axis and equadistance from the sound source.
- The microphones are also directional meaning they will pick up sound all around indiscriminately. They ignore the unwanted noise behind them.
- Recording levels can be set level based on your specific needs – the high-quality built-in preamp can be set to a recording level from 1 and 100.
- Suitable for subtle nature sounds to a thunderous rock band.
- AUTO LEVEL function allows you to achieve clear, undistorted recordings.
- Can record linear PCM (WAV) files at 24-bit/96 kHz, which far exceeds CD quality, allowing the delicate reverberations of natural sounds and acoustic instruments to be recorded faithfully.
- Can also record in MP3 format to maximize the recording time and creates files that are perfect for the web posting or e-mailing to your fans.
- Record to an SD card (use up to a 32 GB microSDHC card to record about 50 hours of audio in 16-bit/44.1 kHz WAV format or 555 hours in 128 kbps MP3 format)
- Attach to a video camera as an external microphone
- Use the onboard low-cut filter to reduce unwanted background noise and focus the recording. This is ideal for interviews and recording outdoors. Use the optional windscreen to further reduce noise.
- The H1’s stereo microphone input jack can provide plug-in power, allowing you to utilize additional mics as needed for your specific application and situation. Moreover, this jack accepts stereo line-level inputs to be used in capturing audio from cassette decks, record players and other analog sources.
- BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) allows time stamping and track markers to be added leading to easy managing and editing.
- Built-in reference speaker
- Backlit liquid crystal display allows you to check recording levels and other functions, including recording time, battery level and other information.
- Hi Speed USB2.0 for fast file transfer to your computer.
- Use DAW software to edit recordings, create CDs, post them to social media or send them by email.
- Dedicated control buttons for setting the recording format, activating the low-cut filter and implementing automatic level adjustment.
- 10 hours battery life on one AA battery
- This version also functions as a USB audio interface, letting you record directly to either a Mac or PC. Use your favorite recording software or the bundled WaveLab LE from Steinberg, so you can start to produce and edit your recording right out of the box.